“ You don’t take a photograph, you make it." - Ansel Adams

Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM

Anyone that owns a DSLR camera that they can mount a Canon EF lens on should definitely look into this lens.  The 75-300mm comes in both IS and regular. For those of you that don't know what IS means when talking about a Canon lens, it means Image Stabilization. This is a feature that reduces the amount of camera shake that is produced by your hands moving while taking photographs. The clarity of the picture is usually significantly better when you are using a lens that is IS. Now, for those of you that are new to photography, like me, I recommend saving a few hundred dollars and going with the non-IS 75-300mm lens. The pictures I get from mine are still very nice. Why would you want this lens? Well, it is a telephoto lens with a very nice range of zoom. It is perfect for capturing sports, wildlife, and shooting from long distances. I bought mine to photograph my high school's Crew team (rowing team). The pictures I got were fantastic. It does have the Auto Focus capability which is very nice for when you are taking fast paced pictures. I have used mine quite a bit in the short time that I have owned it and have to say that without it I would have much more room on my computers hard drive! It opened up quite a few doors for me.


The non- IS is the lens on the left and the IS is the lens on the right.


                 


No comments:

Post a Comment